Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Jury Prize

I had mentioned in one of my Top Ten posts that I was going to award a "Special Jury Prize" to a film that didn't quite make the list, but still deserves mention in some special way. That film is Shaun of the Dead.

Shaun of the Dead is such a fun movie that I'll come back to again and again. As so many people have noted, I feel redundent mentioning it, it's the combination of British humour, excellent characters and unrironic zombie-violence (I love the term "zombie-violence" because I think it's funny to be so specific about such things; even funnier is how the Blade films are rated R partly due to "vampire-violence"). It's a riot.

While many people felt Napoleon Dynamite was the "cult film" of the year, I enjoyed it, but didn't really "feel" it the way some people did. For me, Shaun of the Dead was that film.

Shaun: 'Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?'
Ed: 'Yeah, boyyyeee!'

1 Comments:

At 1:54 p.m., Blogger Dave said...

One of the many movies I feel fairly bad about not yet seeing. Will do, though.

Great site. I'll be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home