Monday, September 13, 2004

Easy Riders, Raging Bulls Pt. 1

So today I started reading Peter Biskind's Easy Riders, Raging Bulls: How the Sex-Drugs-and-Rock 'N' Roll Generation Saved Hollywood and it's already one of the best film related books I've ever read. The ordeal of Warren Beatty trying to get Bonnie and Clyde made, the casting of Mike Nichols' The Graduate, George Lucas's horrible shyness, and Francis Ford Coppola going through his "Castro Phase." This is amazing stuff, and I'm only 40 some odd pages in. I love it.

"Some friends of mine were saying that the '70s was the last Golden Age. I said 'How can you say that?' They replied, 'Well, you had all these great directors making picture after picture. You had Altman, Coppola, Spielberg, Lucas...'" - Martin Scorsese

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home