Monday, January 10, 2005

...gasping for air...

I hate deadlines, but I can't work without them. "Ain't that funny?"

In this past few days I've filled out a 12-page online application form, confirmed two letters of reference with professors, one of whom is on sabbatical and difficult to track down on campus, requested 2 copies of my transcripts be sent, edited an essay of mine to serve as a writing sample, compose an 800-word "Statement of Purpose", which because it serves such an important function in my application I've stressed over needlessly, managed to fit in 11 hours at work, a staff party and a trip to the movie theatre, and finally I'm done all that and now my fate rides with Canada Post. They say Express Post should only take a couple of days, but something really bothers me about having my academic future resting in their hands.

This blog is a bit of a release. Funny. Even though I've spent much of the past couple of days infront of the computer, sitting down to write that last paragraph was wonderfully liberating. Now let's just hope that McGill thinks as highly of my work.

3 Comments:

At 1:42 p.m., Blogger Anders said...

I'm applying to do my MA at McGill. If all goes well, next fall I'll be living in Montreal.

 
At 4:57 p.m., Blogger cait said...

Dude, Fed-ex it. Why take the chance?

 
At 4:15 p.m., Blogger Anders said...

Yeah, but Express Post is a lot cheaper, and I can still track the package. They say it should be there Thurs. and since it's registered mail, that should be good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home