Friday, January 07, 2005

Riddle me this

Anton just showed me a poem they read in his 17th c. lit. course. See if you can tell me what the title and subject matter is.

There is a thing which in the light
Is seldom us'd, but in the night
It serves the maiden female crew,
The ladies, and the good-wives too:
They use to take it in their hand,
And then it will uprightly stand;
And to a hole they it apply,
Where by its good will it would die:
It spends, goes out, and still within
It leaves its moisture think and thin.

- Sir John Suckling, 1659








It's called "A Candle" you sickos.

2 Comments:

At 10:08 p.m., Blogger cait said...

Okay, I so didn't think what you thought I would think. But I'm really terrible at any sort of puzzle, unless it's a logic question. I don't know what that says about me . . .

 
At 6:14 p.m., Blogger Fionncara MacEoin said...

i was actually thinking.... "man...whats with this font..." ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home