Thursday, December 30, 2004

top ten movies...it's coming

Well, Ewan did his top ten albums of 2004 over at his blog, and due to popular demand I'm going to be doing my "Top Ten films of 2004" countdown starting on Saturday. So stay tuned.

Despite this being a slightly weaker year than some past ones (I found 2002 to be particularliy strong) - for instance there were many anticipated films this year that really dissapointed me, and suffice to say you won't find Troy or The Village on my list. Other films surprised me a lot. Some of those will make it onto the list. While there weren't as many films that I would give a super high ranking to this year, the few that made the top of the list will probably end up being favourites for years to come. In that sense the films that sucked this year, sucked. But the films that were good were very, very good. At least that's how I felt about some of these ones.

"Most of us do not consciously look at movies" - Roger Ebert

"Film lovers are sick people" - Francios Truffaut

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home