Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Star Wars: Clone Wars

Many of us remember watching the Droids and Ewoks cartoons when growing up, and I love that the new cartoon series, Clone Wars is bringing back Star Wars to the small screen.


A good deal; only $15.99
Posted by Hello

Today the DVD of the first 20 mini-episodes (19 approx. 3-min episodes; 1 7-min) came out today, and I had to pick it up of course. I had only caught the first 5 or 6 episodes when they first came out on TV. The fact that they played in only 3 min bits was somewhat frusterating. On the DVD release they had the bright idea of editing all 20 episodes into one, near-feature-length film (69 min in total). The effect is much better and gives us a whirlwind tour of the first half of the Clone Wars.

I love the animation style on the series. They got the creator of Samurai Jack to do the designs and it looks awesome. Very stylized, but suitable. Some days I miss the old fashioned two-dimensional animation, so this is a nice treat.

Then after watching the DVD I went on line at starwars.com and watched the first part of Clone Wars Vol. 2. The next 5 episodes, which lead directly into Episode III, began last night and now they are 12-min episodes. The change is actually quite significant. Gone for the most part is the frenetic feel of the first 20 episodes, and time is now able to be given to character scenes and further plot development. Hightlights of last night's episode include Threepio showing off his new gold plating and Anakin finally becoming a Jedi Knight (get to see what a Jedi knighting ceremony is like!).


Anakin is starting to look pretty badass!Posted by Hello

Now I am really tired. I had late nights on the weekend and late night last night working on an essay. I had trouble keeping my eyes open during my beloved Star Wars cartoons, so I am going to bed. It's a good thing I didn't end up going to Lydia's to see the Breaks, because I am pooped.

1 Comments:

At 4:56 a.m., Blogger Dean Ziegler said...

this is a brilliant film...truly. Genndy Tartakovsky is one of the one true geniuses in main stream media. and of course by "genius", I mean he makes cartoons that I think are cool...which is naturally the same thing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home