Sunday, July 04, 2004

Give Him A Mask And He Will Tell You The Truth

It's been a few days since my last post. I'm starting to have trouble posting everyday, but the discipline is good for me, even if I miss a day every so often.

So I have now seen Spider-man 2 twice, and each time it was wonderful. Probably the most fun I've had at the movies all year. The second time all the things I thought I loved about the film the first time were confirmed and things that might have seemed odd are less so. I'm convinced that this film is the greatest comic book movie of all time now. And easily one of the best films I've seen all year, bar none. Not the best "comic film" or best "popcorn flick", but best film. Period. The acting, the writing, and everything just comes together so well.

Played poker last night. That's the fourth week in a row, and three out of the four times I've walked away with more money than I came with. Only five dollars last night, but still. I'm getting better and better, and able to bluff and bet more effectively now. Ryan Fisher pulled a Royal Flush last night, and I couldn't believe it! I'd never seen one played in a game yet. Crazy.

Luke is in town. It's been good seeing him and hanging out. We defintely have a lot in common and he brings an extra enthusiasm and energy when we all hang out. It should be a fun summer. Lots of Xbox , movies, comic books and golf.

Watched Wonder Boys again last night, because Luke and Danny hadn't seen it. One of the best purchases I've made in the last little while. Such an enjoyable film, well acted, well written, funny and thought provoking. Also notable that it's the second film I've watched in as many days that was based on a story by Michael Chabon (the Pulitzer Prize winner, whose novel, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, is quite good so far), and starring Tobey Maguire. The other one is, of course, Spider-man 2.

"Now, that is a big trunk. It holds a tuba, a suitcase, a dead dog, and a garment bag almost perfectly." - James Leer, Wonder Boys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home