Wednesday, January 12, 2005

the mysterious powers of belief

I got home from work (which I was bored to death from because was so dead; compared the Christmas rush it seems like I didn't have any customers) and I find that my mother, and my two brothers are both already in bed with the flu or some type of severe cold. Of course, in an effort to stave off the effects of this possibly debilitating illness, I immediately set to work making a pot of Chinese Green Tea.

I'm convinced that this stuff is really good for you. This may not be the case, but the truth is that sometimes people are able to physically change their reality simply by believing something strong enough. I'm going to convince myself that if I drink this pot of tea and watch a comfort movie (something like Star Wars or Moulin Rouge) this will keep me healthy and strong. And I just might be right.

5 Comments:

At 5:03 p.m., Blogger cait said...

I always feel like green tea is kind of "wimpy" tea (not that the people who drink it are wimpy, mind you; I'm not going to judge someone based on what tea they prefer).

I was raised on tea so strong it could take the roof off your mouth, Turkish çay and Irish breakfast tea, strong Indian Ceylon and scented Chinese oolong. I don't really like the lightness of green tea so much; gunpowder green is all right, but not really my first choice.

 
At 9:42 p.m., Blogger Anders said...

Oh, I love the strong teas alright. Definitely love 'em. But there's something quiet and meditative about green tea. I could be my interest in Japanese and Chinese culture, but I think it's great stuff.

 
At 6:21 p.m., Blogger Fionncara MacEoin said...

strong tea.....???you only let me put TWO bags in Caitlin??? TWO???

 
At 6:59 p.m., Blogger cait said...

you can't BREW orange pekoe the way you want to; it's not a straight black tea, so it's not meant to be served the way you want to serve it

 
At 2:08 p.m., Blogger Fionncara MacEoin said...

i dunno im confused...i like to suck on tea bags though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home