Friday, February 04, 2005

Friday morning

So, I'm sitting in the fishbowl computer lab - I love that term because it's so apt at describing the feeling of sitting in here and seeing all the people walk by; also you can walk by and see if your friends are in the computer lab without being weird and poking your head in the door - and I'm typing this and I'm listening to "Love Is Hell" by Ryan Adams. Man, this iPod thing is working out great. Of course the only problem is that I wasted another two hours last night loading albums onto the thing instead of doing productive work. Actually, it's really ironic because I was reading Huxley's Brave New World while I was doing it and I came across a passage about man being made for the machines, not the other way round. Actually the quote that I thought was the best was this one about the drug soma, by World Controller Mustapha Mond:

"All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol;
none of the defects."


--

Oh, and the latest in a long history of bad ideas is the news that Disney is planning a live action version of Miyazaki's Kiki's Delivery Service.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home