Friday, December 10, 2004

nothing of real consequence

I went by the university to drop off my art portfolio (now I'm actually done until January), and on the way back I realized that I needed comic bags (yes, I'm obsessive about bagging and boarding) so I swung by 8th Street Comics, and bought them baggys, and also the first issue of this Star Wars mini-series, and flipped through various trade paperbacks and graphic novels, and found a new novel by Michael Chabon (who in addition to writing Wonder Boys also penned the best new novel I've read in years The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay and did story duties on Spider-man 2), which I declined to buy because I figure I can wait until Christmas to buy anything other than essentials - essentials meaning I'll still be buying my weekly comics and be picking up The Return of the King: Special Extended Edition on Tues.

Also, before Anton grabs the cable modem and hooks up the X-box for some Halo 2 for the rest of the afternoon, let me just say that we're planning on going to see Ocean's Twelve tonight at the Capitol 4 at 10 pm. I'm pretty sure Sean Brandt and Danny Johnson are planning on joining us, but if anyone else wants to, including Ewan, Caitlin, Joel, Chris, etc., you're more than welcome to.

2 Comments:

At 3:36 p.m., Blogger cait said...

Dude, I would love to, but I have a final tomorrow (then I am officially DONE). If you want to see it again next week (and knowing, you, you may well) I would love some company.

 
At 12:18 a.m., Blogger Tenille said...

Hey boy

So how was the movie? Worth it/recommended? And do you actually have to see the first (Ocean's Eleven?) in order to understand/appreciate the second?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home