Monday, February 07, 2005

Echoing Ewan's Praise for The Bees

One of the great things about having the new computer is that I can finally share in all the cool stuff that my friends are into. Ewan sent me a couple of tracks by The Bees (he's raved about them before on his blog, and he's not exagerrating; this is great stuff!). Ewan is always ahead of the curve in music. He told me about The Bees back before Christmas, and they were only just mentioned in the most recent issue of Rolling Stone. Definitely reminiscent of The Beatles, I let Anton (the most obsessive Beatles fan I know) and he agreed that I should download the album Free The Bees off of amazon.co.uk, since the album isn't available yet in N. America. The two tracks that got me hooked were "Horsemen" and "Wash In The Rain". I definitely recommmend tracking this down.
I'm going to see later tonight if I can figure out how to create a music link to one of the tracks for you guys to download a part of the song. But I also really recommend buying music (Caitlin will be happy to hear that I still want to have the physical album).

Also, I downloaded my first song off of iTunes Music Store this morning. I downloaded the U2 track "Fast Cars", which is exclusive to the UK version of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. I understand that they may have wanted to keep the US version shorter, but it's a solid track that would have made a great single. Strangely the title of the album comes from this track, which is strange that it's a UK exclusive. Oh, well. My iPod version of the album is now complete.



"I have told you life's a worry and it's true." - The Bees, "Horsemen"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home