Friday, April 08, 2005

A Couple of Items

I haven't done a lot of blogging lately, but the other night I was writing an essay until 3 am, and unlike Joel, I do not feel like I need to blog when I've been writing for 6 hours straight. I'd rather get up and get away from the computer. But the essay - entitled "Our Darker Nature: Duality in Confessions, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Fight Club" - is done and I think it turned out ok. Of course, I'm sure professor Thorpe will be thoroughly sick of Dr. Jekyll by the time he finishes marking our classes essays (I only know of one person who didn't write on it in some part).

--

I picked up the a copy of the DVD Sideways, because I love this movie. I got a free bottle opener with it at Future Shop. I thought that was funny. Seriously though, take a look at this cover art. Why did they insist on airbrushing the characters faces so much? It looks horrid, especially Thomas Hayden Church, who's crags and wrinkles give him so much character. That shot of him on the cover barely even looks like him. Horrid. Still, I haven't gotten a chance to watch the film yet, so anyone who wants to bring a bottle of wine and sit down and watch sometime is welcome to.


Frighteningly Airbrushed Sideways DVD Cover Art Posted by Hello


2 Comments:

At 10:36 a.m., Blogger cait said...

I am so there! I am done all my essays finally . . .

 
At 12:23 p.m., Blogger Luke said...

I've still got a bottle of ice wine!. yeah it a shame about those faces...Paul looks a little more like golem than paul in that shot. Lowsy photoshop work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home