Tuesday, April 26, 2005


Sigurd and Fafnir by Alan Lee Posted by Hello

The paper I'm working on is about Volsunga saga, which is really the most fantastic, epic and amazing of the Germanic-Norse sagas, inspiring everything from Wagner's Ring Cycle to Tolkien's fantasy. Funny that this picture is by Alan Lee who is best known for illustrating Tolkien's world and doing designs for the Lord of the Rings films. Really, Volsunga saga should be to northern Europeans what The Illiad is to Greeks. But almost no one knows it. Sad.

3 Comments:

At 2:58 a.m., Blogger Aren said...

Yo Anders. I was wondering how you can rate your movies at DVDaf.com. I don't know how so please tell me. If you don't mom says you can't come to Rome. See ya in Rome.

 
At 9:31 a.m., Blogger Anders said...

When you're logged in, select the titles you want to rate (with the little check box), then go to "My DVDs" tab at the top, then click on "Edit My Titles." In there you can change all kinds of things, including comments and star ratings.

 
At 11:00 a.m., Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

That leaves it up to you to make it so. Make a movie. There you go.

Hey! That was a haiku. And it rhymed a bit.

I'm now considering whether or not I should post it, because it sounds so silly. But I really mean it about making a movie about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home