Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Business Buisness

So far I'm now a week into my job as a Teaching Assistant. It's really not a hard job, but it's fairly time intensive for what I'm used to. Add on to that my job at the newsstand and I keep too busy. I've really fallen behind in my movie watching (as Anton reminds me every ten seconds; sorry bud, but it's a lot easier for you to say, you don't have two jobs or have to get up in the morning). But the job seems to fit with my sensibilities. It's a lot easier to sit down with a student and explain a mark than argue with an angry customer about something stupid. Students, in general, respect teachers, even student teachers. Customers rarely respect clerks. Which is strange. The students pay a heck of a lot more for their "service" than the people at the mall.

Speaking of paying for something and getting something, tomorrow I'm going to my graduation ceremony at 9 am at Centennial. I picked up the gown and tickets today. I know a lot of people aren't going, but I mean, I've paid my $20 000 and I want the full deal. I'm not making a big deal out of it. I haven't gotten a haircut. I didn't buy any new clothes. But I do want to experience walking across that stage and having them hand me my degree. To me, this means a lot more than high school (which I didn't really enjoy or feel was really that valuable). I'll probably drop by the reception afterwards (from noon to 1 pm) and then my parents want to take me for lunch, just the two of them. Nothing fancy. But at the same time, I want to experience it for what it's worth. The end of one chapter and the beginning of another.

Oh, and I have now seen Revenge of the Sith four times. And it's still good.

3 Comments:

At 11:49 p.m., Blogger Fionncara MacEoin said...

customers could drive me up the walls...good luck walking across the stage...

 
At 1:14 a.m., Blogger Dean Ziegler said...

I don't know Anders, that ceremony sounds like a whole big bundle of pain to me. Especially with a last name like Ziegler, that would be death. At least you can kinda doze off for the last 3 hours are so after the pound through the B's.

 
At 8:45 a.m., Blogger Siska said...

I understand that it's worth it, but bring something to read or do.
Seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home