Tuesday, December 14, 2004

the sweet and the sour

I hate those good news bad news kinds of things. The good news is that my dad finally ordered our new computer today. And it's a pretty nice system.

- Pentium 4 560 CPU (3.6GHz)
- 1 GB RAM
- 160 GB Hard drive
- 128 MB ATI Radeon X600 PRO PCI Express graphics card
- 17" Flat Panel Monitor
- 16X DVD+-RW/CD-RW burner

And it was a really good package deal through the Campus Computer Store.

The really shitty thing is that those 3.6GHz CPU's are really scarce right now and so we won't get it until early in January. I'm crying here. I wanted to have it to play with during the Christmas break, but likely we won't get it until the first week of school in January.

On the bright side, now I won't be tempted to buy an iPod tomorrow. I can actually save up the money I get for Christmas and buy it then.

Waiting is so hard. So painful.

1 Comments:

At 1:25 a.m., Blogger cait said...

Yeah, I agree; anticipation sucks. My problem, though, is that I always want to tell people what I got them for gift-giving occasions as soon as I get them their present, regardless of when I actually bought it. On more than one occasion I've blurted to my sister, "I got you *blank* for your b'day and it's going to be awesome" in mid-July; luckily, she usually forgets by September.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home