Sunday, February 20, 2005

A couple of cool movie trailers I saw today, for those of you who are into this sort of thing.

Firstly, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which looks encouraging to me. My friend Luke commented that elements of the film looked "cheap", to which I felt encouragement because I always felt that Douglas Adam's books deserved that somewhat cheesy "Python-esque" treatment. All in all, I'm looking forward to it.

And even more interesting is the first full trailer for Richard Linklater's Phillip K. Dick adaptation, A Scanner Darkly. Man, this animation is leagues ahead of Waking Life, and the whole story seems really cool. What is it with Keanu and mind-trippy sci-fi works anyway?

1 Comments:

At 8:46 a.m., Blogger Luke said...

Hey
I just thought i'd clarify on my "they look cheap" remark. This is usually a phrase used to attack a movie. However,when i used it their should be a question mark placed at the end instead of a period. For i have never read of hitchhikers guide, or any articles about the book, or reviews. So i said this questioningly to inquire more about the reasons for the look and feel of the film. I wouldn't want to attack a film before i've seen it. Of course thats null and void for many films that are obviously garbage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home