Friday, February 11, 2005

Somewhat good feeling

As Joel commented last night, I was extremely tired. It's been a busy week of almost non-stop activity. But now all the assignments are in; all the applications are submitted (for now); paperwork has been done.

I went to the passport office this morning to process my passport information. For those who want to know why I need a passport, it is because I am going to Rome in May. I've never been to Italy, so it should be great (Ewan, you've been to Rome, right? Fill us in brother). The reason I got this stuff done so early is that my mom said that if I did it this week, she'd pay the $87 fee. Good reason to get it done I think.

Anyway; the passport office. Often my experience with government offices is that they are slow, inefficient, and frusterating. Strangely my experience this morning was not like that at all. The doorman at the federal building was well mannered and directed us to the office on the fourth floor; the wait was brief, less than 3 min; and the girl who processed the info was friendly and efficient. We were out in 15 min. It's a somewhat good feeling to know that at least parts of our massive bureaucracy work somewhat well. It gives me a modicum of hope for our society.

The trip tomorrow neccesitated that I purchase some accessories for my iPod. I was dreading this because I don't really want to waste a lot of money, but the Griffin iTrip seems like the kind of thing that I will get a lot of use out of. Then I decided that on a 8 hour car trip, I needed a power source for my iPod. So I picked up the Griffen iPod Car Adaptor, which just plugs into a lighter and then charges the iPod or just plays it straight off of that. Sounded good to me. So now I'm all set for providing the musical accompaniment for the trip. The good news was that both the iTrip and Car Adaptor were $10 cheaper at the campus computer store than they were at Future Shop. That gave me a somewhat good feeling. Even if it still came to $75 for both.

Anyway, I don't know how much I'll be updating my blog for the next week. It's going to be a busy night and then we leave tomorrow morning, so if I don't see you people: Cheers! Have a great break. And keep up the blogging!

"Need a little time to wake up, wake up. What's the story morning glory?" - Oasis, "Morning Glory"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home