Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Success, Failure and Corpses

Well, the EU "Mardi Gras" party at Winston's was one of those part-success/part-dissapointment things. Not nearly enough people showed up for us to be able to pay for the whole keg (which runs $150), so unfortunately we had to pay for the rest out of EU funds and took a loss. That's the dissapointment.

The success part was that those who did show up had (as far as I could tell) a good time and good conversation. John Lennon and The Bees. Attractions to Jena Malone and Scarlett Johanssen. Bob Dylan and how Joel's shoes protect against "Satan." The Ziegler Twins schooled me and "Phelps" at pool (or billiards) and a creepy old man hit on Cara while she was trying to enjoy a cigarette (made me glad I'm a guy); Late night dining at Olympia and trying to explain to a taxi driver where Mulcaster Crescent is. Like I said, it was a success.

--

Now I'm off to a special art "field trip" to health sciences to draw cadavers (you know, dead people!). It might be kinda weird, but it's a rare opportunity and will add a lot to understand anatomy in figure drawing. I'm kinda equal parts anticipating and dreading it. The figure drawing that we've been working on for the last few weeks has been great, however. I'm loving art class.

2 Comments:

At 12:24 p.m., Blogger Luke said...

damn it. I've been trying to get amy in their to draw cadavers for awhile now. i am very jealous. Sorry i didn't call you for the movie last night, i assumed you'd be busy. see you at 2 for comics

 
At 9:56 p.m., Blogger cait said...

On a totally non-cadaver note: Don't forget the fur!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home