Monday, February 07, 2005

Do the iPod shuffle!

Once you get a significant number of songs onto your iPod (bear with me, it's a new toy and I will be talking about it a lot), the "Shuffle" function acts almost like a mini radio station, but with some really far ranging options (e.g. Jazz, Bluegrass, Hip Hop/R&B). Here's the last six songs I heard on my iPod:

"I'm Just A Killer For Your Love" - Blur
"Batman Theme Reprise" - Danny Elfman
"Venus De Milo" - Miles Davis
"Keep On The Sunny Side" - The Whites
"Tape You" - N*E*R*D
"The Phantom of the Opera" - Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman

4 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Ewan said...

Nice to see Tape You snuck in there.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I'm a huge advocate of the shuffle. I have about 1500 songs on mine and its awesome to have a random selection of those tracks. I find that it allows you to appreciate certain songs that you don’t normally listen to or didn’t really like before, mostly because of the placement is different, and when your listening the album your in a mood that is different if then you say listened to a different track. The only thing I don't like about it is that I have the I-trip that turns your output into a radio signal (which is awesome but what sucks about it is that you have tracks on it that you play to start transmitting on that frequency. So when I have shuffle on, I can't turn it off those tracks and every once and a while I’ll get an annoying beeping instead of music and especially when I'm using it, it'll make the frequencies change if I don't notice it and change the track.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Ewan said...

2 suggestions, Ryan:

1) delete all but the itrip stations you don't use from your ipod. That way you're less likely to have it come up in the shuffle.

2) make a playlist that is just every song on your ipod that isn't the itrip station and shuffle that playlist.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

yeah, i've actually thought of doing both of those and just haven't ever done anything about it it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home