Wednesday, February 09, 2005

"Hotel Chelsea Nights"

We all know that many of us in the blogger world are big fans of Ryan Adams. Anyway, I just wanted to let people know that I love "Hotel Chelsea Nights", the last track on Love Is Hell. I don't know what it is that makes me love the song so much; the tortured lyrics, the reverb that makes it feel like you're in some smokey bar in New York listening to it live, maybe even the very name (which makes me want to be a tortured artist living at the Chelsea Hotel, maybe if I don't get into grad studies I'll try that). I don't know. All I know is that it might be my favourite song on the album, which in turn is one of my favourites of 2004.



In other news, I remembered something else that was a highlight of last night at Winston's. The huge Stella Artois banner which read:

I would rather die of thirst than drink from the cup of mediocrity.

I thought it was awesome, and I asked the bartender if I could get it off them. He told me that I should contact the rep for the company and see if he'd sell it to me. I just might...


Oh, yeah: Don't forget the fur.



If anyone wants to know about what it was like to draw the cadavers; it was kinda weird. The body was all dry and skinned, and kind of looked like a mummy. Also there were various arms and legs too. I could definitely have been a series of props in a horror movie, and that was how I approached it. I didn't really get grossed out by it, but I have to say that it kind of disturbed me to think about how these "things" used to be people who walked around and stuff.

That aside, it was interesting to get a look inside the body and see how the muscles and tendons work. As Gullen pointed out on the last post, I felt like Leonardo DiVinci.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home