Saturday, March 05, 2005

I know that most of us have seriously been lacking in our posting lately. I know it's a horrible addiction, but a lot of people I know like to see something new when they check their blogs on a daily basis. Because I'm lazy and don't feel motivated to write today (apparently I wrote down my work schedule wrong today and came in late, so ended up working to close instead, so I'm going to attribute my laziness to my general tiredness), I will post some pics with comments.


Posted by Hello


Posted by Hello

I have a sick addiction to buying DVDs. Even more sick is my compulsion to show everyone who comes over to my house my collection. So, I decided, here it is: now I don't need to show it anymore because, ostensibly, I've shown the whole world (if the whole world really cared). Last night I realized that it is pretty sick, but at the same time, I like to show it to people because if there is anything they want to see and borrow, they're welcome to it. The non-selfish reason for owning a DVD collection is that it becomes a kind of archive of your favourite movies, the one's that you want to share with people, etc. Instead of sending a friend to the video store because "You haven't seen Heat?", I can just lend it to them.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.


Posted by Hello

Here is the foot of my bed where I store all the comic books that I collect. I always liked comic books, but I never had the disposable income (and probably technically still don't) to collect many titles. However, now I have them all organized and stored in these boxes.

So there's a little bit of a voyeuristic look into my life. At least the stuff I collect (and you can see a bit of my room in those pics too).

4 Comments:

At 1:25 a.m., Blogger Luke said...

HAhahah oh man .
You don't have the money to collect "many" titles. Man you get plenty of titles...and really is thier that many good titles. I'm sure you already spend a good 50 bucks a month.
I don't know if i'd call you DvD collection "sick." Everyone has their thing, And I must say i have beneffited from you collection too much to call it sick.

 
At 3:52 p.m., Blogger cait said...

Sick? I dunno . . . I have the same problem with books; I buy them whether I'm going to read them or not--at least you actually watch all your movies. That speaks well of you. Also, no one ever wants to borrow my books (which is probably good, because it is doubtful whether I would let them leave the house or not)

 
At 6:24 p.m., Blogger Anders said...

Ewan: ...says the guy who has almost as many DVDs as me and 4-5 times more CDs. ;)

 
At 8:42 p.m., Blogger Kevin Ziegler said...

hey whats with this anti-heroine attitude? its a good way to spend a sunday afternoon if you ask me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home